Meeting today's security challenges
As a company grows, the addition of new employees, systems, and applications to support business initiatives can increase the number of attack vectors used by malware to infiltrate a companys network.
To maintain control and visibility into the companys overall security posture, IT departments must put controls in place to limit the impact caused by unauthorized use of rogue applications, malicious code and Internet resources - such as Web 2.0 applications that further expose the organization to attack.
Todays business security solutions need to go beyond basic virus detection and prevention to provide a solution capable of implementing controls and managing policy for a large number of endpoints and servers all with minimum effort. Ideally, Antivirus management solutions should automatically install protection on unmanaged workstations and servers that appear on the network, remotely identify and remove unauthorized applications, and remotely configure system settings to ensure the continuing integrity of the network.
Securing your business with Bitdefender
Companies can effectively protect client workstations and critical servers from attack by using Bitdefender's ability to detect and prevent known and zero-day threats, ensure compliance to corporate security policies and manage them effectively with fewer IT resources.
Bitdefender's Centralized Management allows companies to:
- Implement a unified management platform for remote installation, configuration and reporting of all Bitdefender Clients, Server and Gateway products deployed throughout the network
- Provide IT administrators with network-wide visibility into all malware related incidents
- Proactively audit hardware and software assets within the network
- Remotely configure and manage client and server system settings
- Report on malware related incidents to identify infection rates and trends
- Measure the effectiveness of an organizations antimalware security program
Bitdefender's management server
Bitdefender's Management Server provides a powerful and centralized management console that is included in all Endpoint Protection, Critical Server and Gateway solutions. It combines both visibility into a companys security posture with remote endpoint configuration and policy enforcement via a centralized interface.
Actionable information and remote management
Bitdefender's Management Server is a core element in a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop.
Bitdefender's proactive, multi-platform solutions detect and block viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.
Bitdefender's Management Server consolidates threat information and system status from across all managed Windows and UNIX-based workstations and servers running within the organizations network. Endpoint system events and critical issues are quickly identified and easily resolved with one click problem resolution, minimizing administration and response times to critical incidents.
Simplified endpoint and server management
- Consolidates configuration and threat information from all managed and unmanaged endpoints and servers via a dashboard interface
- Allows remote configuration, auditing, installation, and removal of applications and system settings of any managed Windows endpoint or server in the network
- Integrates with Active Directory to leverage the organizations existing Windows domain structure and group policies
- Scalable Master-Slave Architecture to manage gateways, servers and endpoints located in different physical locations
- Reduced resource cost and overhead when mass updating system configurations and software on multiple endpoints and servers
- Simplifies network management with wizard-driven Network Tasks
Enhanced network security
- Configurable Security Policies with pre-defined templates to aid policy enforcement
- Network detection of unmanaged endpoints with remote Client Security installation
- Consolidated reporting provides visibility into network wide security threats
- Centralized alerting notifies administrators of critical threats in near real-time
- Automates network audit data collection for database driven inventory and change reporting
Defence in depth
Bitdefender Business Solutions is a comprehensive suite of solutions providing end-to-end network protection from the gateway to the desktop. Bitdefender's proactive, multi-platform products detect and stop viruses, spyware, adware and Trojan threats that can compromise your network integrity.
Managed security policies based on windows domain structure
Integration into Active Directory leverages the organizations existing Windows domain structure and group policies. Security policies can be applied directly by selecting users or user groups from the Directory as an alternative to managing workstation groups within the Management Server. Bitdefender's Management Server also detects unmanaged workstations, making them easy to identify for automated remote deployment, or to exclude them from compliance with your defined security policy.
Bitdefender Centralized Management manages both Windows and UNIX-based gateways, endpoints and critical servers
Integrated network resource management capability
The Bitdefender Management Server utilizes Endpoint and Server Auditing and Management scripts compliant with Microsofts WMI Scripting Language. With over thirty predefined templates, administrators can automate mass remote management to remotely kill applications and processes, install and uninstall software, restart or shutdown workstations, enable/disable autoruns, or block USB removable media access. Alternatively, the audit data collection of all endpoint and servers within the network including hardware specifications and installed software applications - can identify non-compliant systems that exceed your companys defined security standards.
Automatic or scheduled update distribution
Bitdefender Management Server enables intelligent distribution of new virus definitions and restricted content database updates from a central location. Updates can either be applied automatically once an hour when they become available, or scheduled to be applied during off-peak times to minimise performance degradation and impact to the network.
Centralized policy, reporting and alert synchronization is controlled throughout the organization via the Master Management Server. It ensures centralized and intelligent distribution of policy updates within the local network or remotely managed networks running a Slave Management Server.
Bitdefender's architecture allows centralized management of the local and remote deployments
The Bitdefender’s Centralized Management solution contains three main components: Management Server to enable centralized management backend for all Bitdefender solution, Management Console for the user interface and Update Server for downloading and distributing product and virus definition updates.
Bitdefender Management Server, Management Console and Update Server
Intel® Pentium compatible processor:
- 1GHz (2GHz recommended)
- 512MB (2GB recommended)
Hard disk space:
- 1.5GB (2.5GB recommended), 3GB for upgrades
- Windows 2000 Professional SP4
- Windows 2000 Server SP4
- Windows XP SP2
- Windows Server 2003 SP2
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008
- Windows 7
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 or Microsoft SQL Express Edition (included)
Supported web browsers for Management Console:
- Internet Explorer 7 (or later)
- Internet Explorer 6 (Windows 2000)