#1 Rated Antivirus Endpoint SDK Solution
Bitdefender Antivirus Software Development Kit (SDK) for endpoint devices, detect and remediate all types of malware threats. The powerful antivirus scanning engine easily integrates and replaces existing antivirus solutions or can be used as a standalone application that allows partners to build additional features. While some antivirus companies may not provide their partners the latest antivirus scanning technology, Bitdefender provides the latest technology to ensure our partner’s detection and remediation rate remain extremely high. Companies rely on Bitdefender antivirus scanning engine to power their desktop and endpoint security applications without sacrificing quality.
Antivirus Endpoint Rebrand
Bitdefender Endpoint Rebrand allows partners to quickly generate revenues by building an antivirus solution that leverages their brand and identity. Partners can easily create antivirus solutions to compliment their existing products and provide a broader portfolio of products. Since your customers are familiar your products, partners can easily generate addition revenue with minimal investment and technology costs. Besides antivirus detection,remediation, and spyware capabilities, partners have different packages that they can offer to their customers, such as: award winning anti-spam engine, bi-directional firewall technology, parental control filtering, anti-phishing capabilities, chat encryption, tune-up features, file shredding, and online back-up for Windows or Mac platform.
Endpoint Active Virus Control
Bitdefender’s antivirus scanning engines have consistently score extremely well on antivirus competitions. Our market leading AV engine uses multiple technologies to detect and remediate malware problems. Bitdefender labs monitor malware outbreaks 24/7 and usually provide hourly signature updates while the heuristics engine proactively detects uncommon malware outbreaks. Bitdefender has taken a step further and added Active Virus Control (AVC) as an option. AVC examines virus behavior determine whether it file or application is malware or not. This breakthrough technology has allowed our products to leap ahead of the competition.
Some endpoint devices which can use or are using Bitdefender technology are: security applications, desktop computers, laptops, flash drives, storage drives, and many other devices.
Strong Zero Day Threat Protection
Built on technologically advanced methods, Bitdefender SDKs provide not only standard signature based methods, but uses heuristics for proactive anti-virus protection. In addition, our Active Virus Control helps safely protect endpoint devices with advanced capability. Our OEM SDKs have the following benefits:
- Protect systems from zero day threats or malware threats that have never been seen.
- Reduce malware variations or strains through generic signatures.
- No need to write new development code for new unpackers or compression utilities. Heuristic unpacker will, in most cases, detect new or unknown packers or compression utilities.
- No downtime with updates-on-the-fly which allows the anti-malware engine to finish scanning before loading updates to reduce malware risk.
- Minimize bandwidth consumption by using small updates and sizes.
- Improve customer satisfaction with low false positive rates.
- Lower development times by using the same API for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Provide same level of detection whether on Windows, Linux, or Mac platform.
Proven OEM SDK Features
Antivirus SDKs has features that meet a broad range of platforms and operating systems. Partners will get the latest #1 rated antivirus scanning engine, not a watered down version.
- Native support for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms including non-x86 platforms like ARM, MIPS or PowerPC.
- Supports multiple operating systems with the same Application Program Interface (API) for seamless portability to Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Full multithreading and concurrent scan support. User can scan items using a single session or multiple sessions at different settings to optimize performance.
- Extensively used in Bitdefender products that provide changes back to Bitdefender Labs to ensure malware engine is optimized.
- Scan Modes: Scan content stored in a file, in memory buffer, or as provided by the application.
- Updates-on-the-fly without stopping active scans.
- Flexible configuration allows frequent updates to the malware database.
- Different SDK interaction points, such as: DLL, COM, client/server, ICAP
OEM SDK Specifications
Anti-virus SDK work on multiple platforms, operating systems, and hardware appliances.
- Windows XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, and 7.
- The 32-bit of the Linux SDK works on any distribution which provides GLIBC 2.3.1 or higher.
- The 64-bit version of the Linux SDK. It supports GLIBC 2.3.3 and above.
- Native support for x86, x64 and non-x86 platforms like ARMs, MIPs, and PowerPC platforms, such as: QorIQ and PowerQuicc from Freescale.