High Speed Cloud Anti-Virus Protection
StreamDefender Cloud detects top viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malware at Gigabit speeds. By examining datastreams, Streamdefender Cloud does not require much CPU power or memory requirements. It can even identify viruses that are hidden within compressed or archived files without compromising the speed to examine malware.
If you provide cloud, Software as a Service (SaaS), Service Provider models, you may want to include Streamdefender Cloud to reduce attacks or provide different levels of service to your customers. StreamDefender Cloud has shown up to a 4x improvement in processing speed over the competition and has one of the most robust signature collections to allow your company to tailor your detection package.
StreamDefender runs on virtually any third party pattern or index matching, Regular Expression, or Deep Packet Inspection engine. Devices that have hardware acceleration built-in will be able to achieve high-speed throughput at wire speeds.
Gigabit Antivirus Protection
The small foot print of StreamDefender allow devices to weed out malware while requiring little CPU, memory, or storage depending on how the product is configured. StreamDefender signatures’ are extremely flexible and they can be finely tuned to meet almost any combination of possibilities.
StreamDefender reduces the number of infections passing into the network, therefore decreases the risk for endpoint infections and data corruption. This minimizes the number of users having to take corrective action to resolve malware related problems. Additional benefits are:
- Scan files as a network stream to reduce latency, memory, and storage requirements.
- Require little CPU, memory, or storage.
- Can support wire line speed with hardware acceleration.
- Unlimited combinations of signatures can be implemented.
- Does not require a full file to be present before scanned.
- Does not require proxy.
- Transparent to users unless virus detected, then device can send user a notification. (configured by OEM)
- Lower chance of network infections.
- Decrease load on other networking security components.
- Work with virtually any pattern matching engine.
- Mitigate impact of network malware outbreaks to compliment endpoint solutions.
- Take less time and is much easier to manage and apply updates to StreamDefender enabled devices versus hundreds or thousands of endpoints systems.
High Speed Antivirus Detection
StreamDefender has the features that allow businesses to add high speed, low latency anti-virus threat protection into perimeter, network, or gateway devices to defend the whole network behind it even if the device architecture, CPU processing power, or memory is severely strained.
- Hardware or software platform independent.
- Stream-based malware scanning.
- High-speed throughput with hardware acceleration.
- Flexible database can be customized to meet detection or performance requirements.
- Small file footprint can be around 1MB.
- Frequent updates or when especially malevolent malware outbreaks occur.
- Malware that had been compressed, packed, or archived does not have to be uncompressed to be detected.
Fast Antivirus Detection Specification
Whether you have an existing platform or specifying a new platform, StreamDefender can work with many standard pattern matching engines.
- Virtually any pattern or index matching, Regular Expression (REGEX), or Deep Packing Inspection (DPI) engine.
- Virtually any hardware and software combination.
- (Optional) hardware acceleration.
- Around 1MB memory depending on the file size.