#1 Rated Antivirus Now Available for Mobile Devices
Mobile products are popular devices as they are used to connect to the corporate network, banking web sites, and social communication devices. As more and more applications are being created for these android devices, how do users know they are protected from malicious applications that are being downloaded to their phone? A challenging problem for consumers and businesses are to determine which android applications are not malicious. Favorite tools of malicious code writers are to insert password stealing software, premium service abusive programs, malicious downloader codes, or click fraudster applications.
Some companies claim to offer free antivirus products for the android mobile device, but these products may perform the same as if the device had no antivirus installed. Users are falsely mislead because they believe they are protected from malware, but are at a higher risk of being infected by malware. Users unknowingly can download an application that is infected with malware or their kids can go a site that automatically inserts malware into the mobile device without the owner knowing it can mean big trouble especially if the device is from the company.
A difficult issue to address with mobile device management (MDM) companies is how to prevent applications from being maliciously downloaded to mobile device. Bitdefender mobile products protect the device by scanning android applications upon installation or can scan applications by using the on demand feature. In addition Bitdefender offers antivirus scanning engines that can prevent malicious mobile applications coming from the Internet to the network. By implementing scanning mobile applications at the network level, malicious applications can be prevented from entering the network therefore protecting personal computers or mobile device before it can do any harm.
Scanning attachments, files, documents, and other elements with an AV engine before they get downloaded into a mobile device prevents malware from infecting the android device. By scanning the content and removing the threats before it is loaded into the device helps an organization offer greater value and benefit to the customers. There are other ways mobile devices can be infected by malware. Inserting a micro SD cards or USB flash drive into one of the ports of the device can easily infect a mobile product. Also, plugging a cord that connects the mobile device to an already infected personal computer or mobile device can easily spread malware. It is very important to protect the mobile device through these other entry points.
If a person misplaces or loses their mobile device, it is important to remotely locate, lock, or erase the data from the product. With Bitdefender mobile product, a user or organization can access this functionality through a remote site which provides additional security.
Bitdefender can license our mobile antivirus engine to existing antivirus companies who want to improve their detection rates. Know that 4 out of the top 5 AV companies ranked in AV-Test Product of the Year test used Bitdefender engines.
Flexible customization with SDK or Easy rebranding
Bitdefender offers mobile solutions as a software development kit (SDK) or as a rebrand of their product. As an OEM partner, if you want to integrate your own solution within a new or existing product or service, then you want to choose the SDK. However, if you want easy access to a wide audience without having engineers to write code or know programming languages, then you can choose Bitdefender's rebranding solution.
- Leverage #1 rated AV technology. Feel confident that Bitdefender has a history awards, certifications, and has gone through numerous testing organizations.
- Notifies the user immediately when a malicious application has been downloaded into your device.
- On-Install antivirus scanning scans any application before it installs on your device preventing your mobile device from getting infected.
- On-Demand antivirus scanning allows users to scan their device at anytime to make sure the content or application within the device is not infected.
- Web security is a cloud service that alerts the user about a web page that contains malware, phishing, or potentially harmful content.
- Antitheft enables the user to locate the device, remotely lock the device, remotely wipe information from the device, or send messages to device from another mobile device or from your personal computer.
- Application audit allows the user to track the application's permission requirements, displays which application is trying to access internet or sensitive data.
- Event viewer tracks important actions, status changes, and other messages.
- Low power consumption only activates with the Bitdefender application needed otherwise it does not consume battery power unlike some antivirus applications that are always on.
Quickly scans your mobile device while keeping power consumption low
- Always up-to-date
- On-install antivirus scanning
- On-demand antivirus scanning
- Web security
- Latest update protection
- No signature database updates to the phone
- No maintenance
- No additional hardware required
- No additional resources necessary
- No skilled technicians needed
- Remotely lock your device
- Locate your device
- Wipe information from your device
- Send messages to your device
- Application Audit
- Event Viewer
- Low Power Consumption
Operating system device specifications
- Android 2.1 for mobile devices
Network-level anti-virus SDK works on multiple platforms, operating systems, and hardware appliances.
- Windows XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, and 7.
- The 32-bit of the Linux SDK works on any distribution which provides GLIBC 2.3.1 or higher.
- The 64-bit version of the Linux SDK. It supports GLIBC 2.3.3 and above.
- Native support for x86, x64 and non-x86 platforms like ARMs, MIPs, and PowerPC platforms, such as: QorIQ and PowerQuicc from Freescale.