Strong Network/Gateway Antivirus SDKs
Bitdefender Antivirus Software Development Kit (SDK) for network devices, detect and remediate all types of malware threats. The powerful antivirus scanning engine easily integrates and replaces existing antivirus solutions or can be used as a standalone application that allows partners to build additional features.
While some companies may not provide their partners the latest antivirus scanning technology, Bitdefender provides the latest technology to ensure our partner’s detection and remediation rate remain extremely high. Bitdefender OEM does not sell networking antivirus products to compete for your customers, we create partnerships to help you grow your business and differentiate your products. Companies rely on Bitdefender antivirus scanning engine to power their networking products and software applications without sacrificing quality.
High Performance Network Anti-Virus SDK Benefits
Built on technologically advanced methods, Bitdefender SDKs provide not only standard signature based methods, but uses heuristics for proactive anti-virus protection. Some Antivirus SDKs are built on desktop antivirus approach using products that are not optimized for high performance scanning. Bitdefender Network Antivirus SDKs are built for network performance. Bitdefender OEM SDKs have the following benefits:
- Protect systems from zero day threats or malware threats that have never been seen.
- Reduce malware variations or strains through generic signatures.
- No need to write new development code for new unpackers or compression utilities. Heuristic unpacker will, in most cases, detect new or unknown packers or compression utilities.
- No downtime with updates-on-the-fly which allows the anti-malware engine to finish scanning before loading updates to reduce malware risk.
- Minimize bandwidth consumption by using small updates and sizes.
- Improve customer satisfaction with low false positive rates.
- Lower development times by using the same API for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Provide same level of detection whether on Windows, Linux, or Mac platform.
Proven OEM Network Antivirus SDK Features
Antivirus SDKs has features that meet a broad range of platforms and operating systems.
- Native support for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms including non-x86 platforms like ARM, MIPS or PowerPC.
- Supports multiple operating systems with the same Application Program Interface (API) for seamless portability to Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Full multithreading and concurrent scan support. User can scan items using a single session or multiple sessions at different settings to optimize performance.
- Extensively used in Bitdefender products that provide changes back to Bitdefender Labs to ensure malware engine is optimized.
- Scan Modes: Scan content stored in a file, in memory buffer, or as provided by the application.
- Updates-on-the-fly without stopping active scans.
- Flexible configuration allows frequent updates to the malware database.
- Different SDK interaction points, such as: DLL, COM, client/server, ICAP
OEM SDK Specifications
Anti-virus SDK work on multiple platforms, operating systems, and hardware appliances.
- Windows XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, and 7.
- The 32-bit of the Linux SDK works on any distribution which provides GLIBC 2.3.1 or higher.
- The 64-bit version of the Linux SDK. It supports GLIBC 2.3.3 and above.
- Native support for x86, x64 and non-x86 platforms like ARMs, MIPs, and PowerPC platforms, such as: QorIQ and PowerQuicc from Freescale.