How to generate a complete software and hardware network audit
BitDefender Client Security is an easy to use business security and management solution, which delivers superior proactive protection from viruses, spyware, rootkits, spam, phishing and other malware. It offers the following components: BitDefender Management Server (with/without add-on), BitDefender Local Update Server, BitDefender Business Client and BitDefender Management Agent;
The Auditing module from BitDefender Management Server Network Tools helps you get information about your network by collecting snapshots of the software and hardware configuration. The software snapshots provide historical change management reports to track all installed or uninstalled software within the network within a specific time period. You can choose from a list of predefined reports or create your own custom reports.
In order to create the desired audit reports, we recommend you to first enable and configure data collection preferences so that you can have the data available when you are ready to use them. For more information about how to configure the network audit module, please check KB826.
The complete software and hardware network audit can be generated using the following reports:
1. Network Audit Comparison Report - this report will help you compare the installed software over a specific range of clients, giving different time as a point of reference; You will be able to customize the final version of the reports by deciding the report columns grouped by Application Name, Final Stats or Computer IP.
2. Network Audit Custom Report - this report will help you find a specific information in your network based on what you are interested in: Operating System, Motherboard Model, Page File Size, Services, Startup Items, Processor type etc.; For each filter you apply, BitDefender will be able to display specific information, based on your main category; In order to create such a report, you will need to:
Open BitDefender Management Console and login;
- In the left pane, choose Network Tools, Auditing Module;
- Click on "Create new Network Audit Report" and double-click on Network Audit Custom Report;
- Choose a reporting date of your interest;
- Configure your query by clicking on the plus (+) button to add afilter and use the menus to configure it. You can choose which columns to be displayed in the report also.
- If you plan to create a scheduled report, you should change the default report name. The name should help you easily identify the report. Click on Next;
- Choose from the list the computers you want to audit. The computer list contains all computers from Computers Directory, except those in the Excluded Computers group. You can sort computers by name, IP address or the group they belong to, by clicking the corresponding column header. For fast selection, you can use the Select All and Clear buttons. You can also click a group's name to select all computers in that group.
3. Network Audit Historical - this report will help you view the installed software over a specific range of clients, giving a period of time; You will be able to customize the final version of the reports by deciding the report columns grouped by Application Name, Final Stats or Computer IP.