BEST for Windows Legacy version 22.214.171.124 Release Notes
Fast Ring: 2018.05.24
Slow Ring: 2018.05.24
- Starting with this release, Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools is available in two flavors based on the operating system:
- BEST 6.6.x, starting with Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, supporting all the existing GravityZone features and technologies. This version no longer installs on legacy operating systems.
- BEST 6.4.x for Windows Legacy, designed for Windows XP and Windows Vista families including corresponding embedded and server versions, with limited features and support. This version does not install on Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 and later.
After update, existing BEST installations will get the version corresponding to their operating system.
For details about BEST for current Windows operating systems, refer to the specific release notes.
- BEST for Windows Legacy supports:
- Advanced Threat Control
- Exchange Protection (only on Windows Server 2008).
The Power User and Relay roles are not available with BEST for Windows Legacy.
- Installation and maintenance of BEST for Windows Legacy:
- The installation kits are available for download from the GravityZone console.
- Remote deployment from the GravityZone console is not available.
- The installation downloader cannot use a Relay as deployer.
- When performing a reconfigure task in the GravityZone console, all the unsupported modules will be removed.
- The local Repair option is no longer available for Windows legacy operating systems.
- Staging is no longer available for BEST for Windows Legacy. The legacy endpoints currently on staging location must be moved to the production location.
During this update, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped.