Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools not blocking websites in Firefox
This article applies to Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools installations on Windows prior to kit version 184.108.40.206.
In some cases, clients may report that Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools does not block certain websites in Mozilla Firefox, although everything is working fine in other browsers.
This particular issue happens only on Firefox because this browser does not use certificates from Windows Certificate Store. It has its own certificates location, which is unique on per-profile basis.
To fix this issue, you can choose one of the following solutions:
- Create a new Firefox profile
- Close the Firefox browser if it is running.
- Start Command Prompt with administrative rights.
- Run the following command to start Profile Manager for Firefox:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" –p
- In the configuration window, create a new profile.
- Click the Start Firefox button and test the browser.
If you wish to create silently a new profile in Command Prompt (also with administrative rights), navigate to the Firefox folder:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
and run the followind command:
firefox -CreateProfile name-of-the-user
- Reinstall the Bitdefender certificate
- Access the certificates list for the browser interface. For example, in Firefox, you find the list in Options > Privacy & Security > Security > Certificates > View Certificates.
- Check if Bitdefender's entry is present there. If it is present, delete it. If not, skip to the next step.
- Boot the machine in safe mode.
- Delete the files from the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Endpoint Security\mitm_cache
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Endpoint Security\mitm_cache\cache
- Reboot the machine in normal mode.
- Start Command Prompt with administrative rights and run the following command:
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Endpoint Security\mitm_install_tool.exe /install_silent Net-Defender
- Confirm in the Bitdefender security agent interface the certificate installation.