Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 184.108.40.206 Release Notes (Linux)
Fast Ring: 2020.04.06
Slow Ring: 2020.04.08
- Added support for generating incidents on Elite licensed endpoints.
- Introduced Bitdefender Update Daemon (bdupdated) as a new update service. The previous service (bdlived) has been removed.
- Added support for process kill action on incidents generated by Incidents Sensor.
- Improved the scanning mechanism with new built-in Antimalware On-Access and On-Demand exclusions.
- Added support for moving endpoints between companies in GravityZone Control Center
- Improved the On-Demand scheduler.
- Added support for EDR with a new range of Linux kernel versions, available with the following operating systems:
o CentOS 6
o CentOS 7
o CentOS 8
o Oracle Linux 6
o Oracle Linux 7
o Ubuntu 14.04
o Ubuntu 16.04
o Ubuntu 18.04
For the list of supported kernel versions, refer to the Requirements > Endpoint Protection section in the GravityZone Installation Guide.
- New installations and product updates now require minimum free disk space as follows:
Scanning Type AV Only Full Options Local Scanning 1600 MB 1600 MB Hybrid Scanning 1100 MB 1100 MB Centralized Scanning 600 MB 600 MB Local Scanning + Centralized Scanning 1600 MB 1600 MB Hybrid Scanning + Centralized Scanning 1100 MB 1100 MB
- The bduitool crashed when used for custom scan on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server.
- The On-Access module could not detect EICAR files located in an overlay partition, on Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.
- Bitdefender Redline service triggered multiple cron failure notifications.
- The Relay communication with endpoints failed with error 1004.
- The endpoint updated through proxy even if it was not configured in the policy.