Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 188.8.131.52 Release Notes (Linux)
Fast Ring: 2018.11.19
This version is for Linux operating systems.
- Added support for EDR Module to quarantine files.
- Improved crash handler, featuring better cleanup of crash reports and free space check to avoid consumption of disk space.
- The product now uses static mounts in /etc/fstab for on-access scanning instead of dynamic mounts to prevent file corruption on CentOS 6 and RHEL 6 in some particular circumstances. New directories added to on-access scanning are still mounted immediately. Directories removed from on-access scanning are temporarily excluded from scanning and unmounted gracefully at the first restart.
- Fixed several issues related to EDR module:
- The product created large log files.
- EDR Sensor failed to start after installation on CentOS 6 systems.
- The bdnc log files were not enabled when running the command
- Sometimes, the EDR module crashed on CentOS 6.
- Log files containing lines longer than 2048 characters caused product to crash.
- Endpoints were not reporting to GravityZone Control Center when connection to Bitdefender Cloud Services failed.
- The product did not start properly on Linux systems with glibc version earlier than 2.17.
- Several unmount errors are generated at reboot/shutdown for folders /bin and /etc. Machine does not freeze and reboots normally. Older RPM systems might hang on reboot/shutdown.
- Portable storage devices mounted inside a protected directory are not scanned on-access.