Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 126.96.36.1994 Release Notes
Fast Ring: 2018.02.27
Slow Ring: -
- Bitdefender continuously develops innovative technologies to address the latest security threats. This product version introduces a new version of Advanced Threat Control for Windows 7 and above, which features improved detection, performance and cleanup capabilities. New installations will automatically include the new Advanced Threat Control version. The Fast Ring endpoints will also be migrated automatically to the new version. The Slow Ring endpoints will be migrated later on.
- Users can now unlock encrypted volumes without using a password when a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is available, if allowed via policy.
- Added support for Czech in the product graphical interface (Power User interface is not yet localized).
- When uninstalling Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools, non-boot encrypted drives managed by the Encryption module are now unlocked without requiring a recovery key.
- Repairing the installation while the Endpoint Security Service was not running resulted in Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools being uninstalled. The issue is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue with encryption not starting on Windows 7 endpoints using TPM.
- Fixed an issue where Content Control was blocking an application from connecting to the console port of an equipment.
- Fixed an issue where Content Control was blocking access to the home.nest.com webpage.
- Fixed a high memory consumption issue when using multiple assignment rules.
- Old policies were not properly deleted when applying a new policy. The issue is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue causing error message -2009 when trying to update the product via Relay.
- In some cases, files from Quarantine were not properly deleted. The issue is now fixed.
- Fixed a corner case issue, occurring sometimes after Windows startup, where Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools was unable to connect to any of the configured Security Servers.
- Following our Windows Vista & Server 2008 support announcement, starting with this version, new installations on these operating systems only include Antimalware, Advanced Threat Control and Exchange Protection modules:
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2)
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Small Business Server 2008.
During this update, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped.