Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 188.8.131.523 Release Notes
Fast Ring: 2018.03.22
Slow Ring: -
- New blocklist capability allows admininistrators to automatically prevent suspicious files/processes detected by EDR from running.
- New endpoint isolation feature allows admins to automatically isolate endpoints from the network while investigating potential security incidents.
- Added support for EDR Sensor to submit events via proxy or Relay.
- New and enhanced command line support tool, collecting additional information required for troubleshooting.
- The product now reports on its uptime, to support Central Scan usage reporting for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) in GravityZone Cloud.
- Introduced a Signature Update fallback mechanism that loads the last working antimalware signatures in case of faulty updates.
- Added support for the installation of the March 13th Microsoft security patches (KB4088877, KB4088880, ADV180002) for Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 8 Embedded.
- Fixed an issue where some patches failed to install if the patch name included certain special characters.
- Fixed an issue with firewall blocking RDP connections in the local network when the Network Discovery option was set to Remote.
- Fixed an issue where saving Excel files accessed from the network resulted in temporary files not being deleted.
- Fixed an issue where the Relay was not removing older versions of malware signatures.
- Using endpoint isolation for virtual machines running on Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) infrastructure will permanently block access to those machines. Do not use endpoint isolation on such machines.
- EDR Sensor has been found to interfere with VMware Workstation software running on the endpoint.
During this update, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped.