Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 184.108.40.2068 Release Notes
Fast Ring: 2018.03.27
Slow Ring: 2018.03.27
- Improved support for removing incompatible security software when installing the product.
- New blocklist capability allows adminstrators to automatically prevent suspicious files/processes detected by EDR from running.
- New endpoint isolation feature allows admins to automatically isolate endpoints from the network while investigating potential security incidents.
- Added support for EDR Sensor to submit events via proxy or Relay.
- New and enhanced command line support tool, collecting additional information required for troubleshooting.
- The product now reports on its uptime, to support Central Scan usage reporting for Managed Service Providers (MSPs) in GravityZone Cloud.
- Introduced a Signature Update fallback mechanism that loads the last working antimalware signatures in case of faulty updates.
- Added support for the installation of the March 13th Microsoft security patches (KB4088877, KB4088880, ADV180002) for Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 8 Embedded.
- Fixed an issue that caused epsecurityservice.exe to crash after updating to version 220.127.116.113, if Firewall was configured to use aggressive rules and the command line for processes included in those rules was longer than 500 characters.
- Fixed an issue where some patches failed to install if the patch name included certain special characters.
- Fixed an issue with firewall blocking RDP connections in the local network when the Network Discovery option was set to Remote.
- Fixed an issue where saving Excel files accessed from the network resulted in temporary files not being deleted.
- Fixed an issue where the Relay was not removing older versions of malware signatures.
- Using endpoint isolation for virtual machines running on Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS) infrastructure will permanently block access to those machines. Do not use endpoint isolation on such machines.
- EDR Sensor has been found to interfere with VMware Workstation software running on the endpoint.
During this update, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped.