Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools version 22.214.171.124 Release Notes
Fast Ring: 2018.05.21
Slow Ring: 2018.05.24
- Starting with this release, Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools is available in two flavors based on the operating system:
- BEST 6.6.x, starting with Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, supporting all the existing GravityZone features and technologies. This version no longer installs on legacy operating systems.
- BEST 6.4.x for Windows Legacy, designed for Windows XP and Windows Vista families including corresponding embedded and server versions, with limited features and support. This version does not install on Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 and later.
After update, existing BEST installations will get the version corresponding to their operating system.
For details about BEST Windows Legacy, refer to the specific release notes.
- BEST 126.96.36.1994 introduced a new version of Advanced Threat Control for Windows 7 and later, initially available with new installations and existing installations on Fast Ring. With this release, all remaining desktop installations are automatically migrated to the latest version of Advanced Threat Control.
- Updated the built-in exclusions for Exchange Server 2016.
- Command line detection events captured in GravityZone Ultra incidents now include process ID and parent process ID information.
- Fixed an issue with the firewall module that caused critical errors (BSOD) when using the Linux Subsystem on endpoints running Windows 10 "Redstone 1" or Windows "Redstone 4".
- Fixed a compatibility issue with Application Control that caused critical errors (BSOD) when using the Linux Subsystem on endpoints with Windows 10 "Redstone 4".
- In some cases,
EPUpdateServer.exestopped functioning. The issue is now fixed.
- Fixed a communication issue between endpoints and Relay that caused error message 1008.
During this update, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped.