Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 22.214.171.1242 Release Notes (Windows)
Fast ring: 2021.03.24
Slow ring: 2021.03.29
- Specific error messages will be displayed when Product fails to update due to missing critical Windows patches.
- The Advanced Anti-Exploit (AAE) technology is now available for Windows Servers. The module will be installed on and removed from servers via the new Install and Reconfigure task.
The Advanced Anti-Exploit module is deployed, configured and managed via GravityZone using the same management workflows on servers as available for workstations.
Incompatible Software Removal
- Added support for removing the following security products:
- TrustPort Total Protection 17.x
- Driver Support One 2.x
- Avast Business Security 20.x
- VIPRE Antivirus 11.x
- Sophos Endpoint Agent 2.x (Tamper Protection must be turned off)
- Endpoint Protector Client 5.x
- Enhanced support for removing the following security products:
- McAfee Total Protection 16.x
- Fixed an incompatibility with Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints that caused crashes of File Explorer processes and overall performance issues on Windows 7 machines.
- In some instances, the product blocked websites with untrusted certificates, while not providing the "Accept risks and continue" option.
- Fixed an issue with the On-Access Scanning feature, where users without administrative rights could restore a quarantined file. These users are now prompted to enter their username and password when using the Restore button.
- The Content Control module failed to report the web category of a blocked website, in the Blocked Websites report.
- The Firewall driver generated a memory leak in EPSecurityService on Windows machines.
- The Events timeline from the local interface displayed wrong messages for incoming and outgoing connections.
- Fixed an issue where blockPortScans remained active even when the Firewall module was enabled.
- Fixed an issue where traffic was received from an unknown profile.
- The graphical user interface showed that three features part of the Content Control module (Application Blacklisting, Web Access Control and Data Protection) were turned off after logging off or rebooting.