Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 22.214.171.124 Release Notes (Windows)
Fast Ring: 2018.09.25
Slow Ring: 2018.09.25
- Bitdefender continuously develops innovative technologies to address the latest security threats. This product version introduces a new version of the underlying Bitdefender Content Control technology, which is designed to ensure support for future features and operating system updates, while retiring redundant features such as Search Advisor and Browser toolbar. The new Content Control technology is installed automatically as follows:
- With any new 126.96.36.199 installation.
- Upon updating any existing installation including the EDR Sensor module.
- Upon repairing or reconfiguring an existing installation.
Existing installations will be migrated automatically to the new technology later on.
- Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools is now able to generate and send to the GravityZone console recovery keys for volumes encrypted separately with BitLocker, not only through GravityZone Full Disk Encryption policy.
- Improved EDR Sensor incident detection and reporting capabilities.
- Added support for Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Redstone 5 / version 1809) and Windows Server 2019.
- Added support for uninstalling the following incompatible security products:
- AVG Business Security
- AVG Business 18.x
- Bitdefender 2018 Device Management and Agent
- Bitdefender Total Security 23.x
- Bitdefender Internet Security 23.x
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 23.x
- Comodo Client - Security 8.x
- Comodo Internet Security Premium 11.x
- Kaspersky Total Security 19.x
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 19.x
- Kaspersky Internet Security 19.x
- Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.x
- McAfee Internet Security 21.x (16.0 R14)
- McAfee Total Protection 21.x (16.0 R12)
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus 20.x (16.0 R7)
- McAfee AntiVirus Plus 21.x (16.0 R12)
- McAfee Security Scan
- 常時安全セキュリティ24 7.x
- Panda Dome 18.x
- Enhanced support for uninstalling the following incompatible security products:
- avast! Internet Security 18.x
- avast! Free Antivirus 18.x
- AVG Internet Security 18.x
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.x
- McAfee Internet Security 20.x (16.0 R7)
- System Center Endpoint Protection 4.x
- Fixed an issue where deployment failed with error code
1627instead of error code
31when third-party security software could not be removed.
- Fixed an issue with Advanced Threat Control slowing down the upload of Microsoft Office documents to a remote shared location.
- Fixed a Patch Management issue that prevented KeePass application to update from version 2.38 to 2.39.1.
- Fixed an issue with Advanced Threat Control blocking Exchequer and MYOB applications.
- Fixed an issue with unquoted uninstall path.
- Fixed an issue where the product was not de-registered from Windows 10 Action Center upon Bitdefender Firewall removal.
- Fixed an issue where Support Tool recursively collected unnecessary files from the
tempfolder, causing low disk space.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools installation on machines with Sophos Endpoint.
- When installing using the Downloader, the user interface did not show file download progress. The issue is now fixed.
- Fixed a particular issue causing critical error (BSOD) when accessing items on an external shared drive.
- Fixed a particular issue causing critical error (BSOD) on Windows Server 2012.
- Fixed some minor issues in the Power User interface.
During this update, the Microsoft Exchange Transport service will be stopped.