Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools Version 184.108.40.206 Release Notes (Windows)
Fast Ring: 2019.02.14
Slow Ring: 2019.02.18
- Improved the mechanism of sending encryption recovery keys to ensure their availability in the GravityZone console.
- When removing BEST using the Uninstall Tool, encrypted non-boot partitions managed by the Encryption module are now automatically unlocked.
- The Hyper Detect feature status is now visible in the Modules section of the user interface.
- GravityZone administrators can now block Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on endpoints running Windows 8 or later.
- Following this update, existing installations on slow ring will be progressively migrated to the new Content Control technology (initially introduced with version 220.127.116.11).
- Fixed a crash in the Web Services Library when verifying certificates in certain conditions.
- In some cases, Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools deployment via relay failed with error code 15.
- When the Advanced Threat Control module was enabled Acronis Back-up could not create snapshots.
- The Advanced Threat Control module interfered with Arcserve Back-up solution causing BSOD on Windows 10.
- In a particular scenario, the Advanced Threat Control module caused the Endpoint Security Service to stop working.
- The Firewall module blocked DrayTek application when the Active profile was set to “Let Windows decide”.
- Sometimes, after migrating to the new Content Control technology, the EDR sensor was active only when re-applying the policy manually.
- GravityZone search results of the events reported by the EDR sensor were displaying the domain instead of the endpoints names.
- Sometimes, when no connection was configured directly or through a proxy from the policy, BEST could not connect to Cloud Services.
- The Patch Management module was not updating some applications, if the download link was moved or redirected.
- Using multiple exclusions in the Power User module was not functioning properly.
- On Windows 2008 R2 Standard, BEST generated large amounts of log files.
- In some situations, BEST prevented creating snapshots with the Quiesce VMware filesystem option.
- When a browser page was blocked, the message displayed in French was translated incompletely.
- Changed description of some product files.
- A file removal vulnerability on Windows Server 2016 was fixed.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.