Bitdefender Firewall blocking network printer
Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools (BEST) comes with a Firewall module. Some of its settings can block communication with network printers.
To troubleshoot this issue, you need to create a new rule in GravityZone Control center and edit other configurations.
To enable network printing:
- Log in to GravityZone Control Center.
- Navigate to Policies and click the policy applied to the affected endpoint(s) to edit it.
- Go to Firewall > Settings.
- In the Adapters section, select Yes for all the adapters under the Network Discovery column.
- Go to Firewall > Rules.
- In the Rules section, click Add and choose Application as a rule type.
A firewall rule configuration window appears.
- Fill in the following settings:
- Rule Name: type a name of your choice for the rule
- Application Path :
- Local Address: Any
- Remote Address: insert the printer IP address
You can leave as default the remaining settings.
- Click Save to add your firewall rule.
You can view the new rule in the Rules list (image below).
- Set the Network Printing rule to Allow under the Permission column.
- Click Save.
- Apply the policy to your endpoints and check if network printing is available.