End of Support (EOSL) for VMware vCNS Integration
Bitdefender retires support for VMware vCloud Networking and Security (vCNS) as of Aug 31st, 2018. Bitdefender has taken this decision after considering several factors with a negative impact on its customers who are using an outdated and unsupported partner environment.
On September 19th, 2016, VMware vCNS reached End of Life (EOL). VMware announced extended support until March 31st, 2017, and recommends upgrading to VMware NSX. For more information on these events, refer to these articles:
- Limited Support for End Of Life - vCloud Networking and Security 5.5.x (2148907)
- End of Availability and End of General Support for VMware vCloud Networking and Security 5.5.x (2144733)
This support retirement affects the integration between GravityZone and the following platforms:
- VMware vShield Manager 5.5, 5.1, 5.0
- VMware vShield Endpoint
- VMware vCNS 5.5, 5.5.4
When Bitdefender retires support for vCNS, the following changes will be in effect:
- The feature is removed from GravityZone Control Center.
- Product and signature updates are discontinued.
- Security patches are no longer provided.
- Bitdefender Technical Support will no longer address tickets on this feature.
- Related documentation is removed.
The GravityZone update scheduled on August 31st 2018 removes the vCNS integration from the security solution. The update applies only if no active integration with vCNS is detected.
Customers who decide to remain on their installed version of GravityZone, should do so only for a reasonable amount of time, needed to approach the situation. To avoid any inconveniences caused by the above-mentioned effects and the risk of being a victim of cyber threats, we urge you to act as soon as possible.
Bitdefender recommends two possible migration paths:
- VMware NSX: GravityZone protects VMware NSX environments with its dedicated Security Server. While considering this path, you can use this KB article for guidance on installing Bitdefender protection.
- Other VMware platform: Customers can migrate to the Bitdefender Security for Virtualized Environments - Multi-Platform technology.
Should you have any questions or issues around this migration, please contact us as soon as possible.
Stay ahead of cyber threats, while enjoying the Bitdefender's fully-featured solutions!