Endpoint Security for Mac Version 188.8.131.52175 Release Notes
- Fast ring: 2021.05.12
- Slow ring: 2021.05.19
This version also includes the improvements and fixes delivered with version 184.108.40.206174 on fast ring.
Endpoint Security for Mac changed the way it handles security certificates to improve the user experience:
- Content Control.The product installs the SSL certificate only when the GravityZone security policy applied on the endpoint has the Scan SSL option enabled. In such case, after deployment on macOS Big Sur (11.x), the product requires user’s approval to install the certificate. If the certificate has been installed, but not trusted, the product requires users to trust it.
On macOS Catalina (10.15) and older versions, the product continues to install the SSL certificate without requiring users’ interaction.
- EDR sensor. The product no longer installs a separate security certificate for the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) module.
- GUI. When the SSL certificate is not installed or not trusted, and the security policy has Scan SSL enabled, the product displays a critical issue in the interface. Users are no longer prompted every three hours to allow the certificate.
Addressed an issue that prevented internet access in the following situations:
- On macOS Big Sur (11.x), the SSL certificate was not approved and the Scan SSL policy option was disabled.
- On macOS Catalina (10.15) and older, the Scan SSL policy option was disabled when installing the agent.
In both cases, it was necessary to enable Scan SSL in the GravityZone policy to allow internet access.