Endpoint Security for Mac version 220.127.116.11529 release notes
- Fast ring: 2018.06.20
- Slow ring: 2018.06.26
- Added support for several Content Control features, including traffic scan, antiphishing, web access control and application blacklisting. The Content Control module can be enabled for existing Mac installations using a Reconfigure Client task from the GravityZone console with Content Control module selected.
This functionality relies on a macOS kernel extension. The installation of kernel extensions requires user approval on macOS High Sierra (10.13.x). The system notifies the user that a system extension from Bitdefender was blocked and to allow it from Security & Privacy preferences. Until the user approves the Bitdefender system extension, the module will not work and the Endpoint Security for Mac user interface will show a critical issue prompting the user for approval. This functionality is available for OS X El Capitan (10.11) and higher.
- Added support for EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) Sensor.
- Added support for communication with GravityZone and Bitdefender Cloud Services via proxy.
- The product does not scan archives from HTTP websites.
- Some of the user interface texts for the new features are not localized.
- Content Control may generate high CPU usage when downloading in parallel large compressed files.