Generate BEST Linux Support Tool Log
Bitdefender GravityZone provides full visibility into organizations' overall security posture, global security threats, and control over its security services that protect virtual or physical desktops, servers and mobile devices. All Bitdefender's Enterprise Security solutions are managed within the GravityZone through a single console, Control Center, that provides control, reporting, and alerting services for various roles within the organization.
This article helps you provide the Bitdefender Enterprise Support Team essential troubleshooting information in case Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools (BEST) for Linux is not functioning properly in your environment.
The support tool is also included in the installation archive, allowing you to collect system and installation logs if installation fails.
Generating the Linux Support Tool log
Starting from version 184.108.40.2067 BEST for Linux contains a support tool.
To enable and collect the logs, run these commands:
- Enable logging:
sudo /opt/BitDefender/bin/bdconfigure enablelogs
- Collect logs:
sudo /opt/BitDefender/bin/bdconfigure deliverall
An archive called bitdefender_machineName_timeStamp.tar.gz is created in /tmp
The archive contains product and communication module logs.
- Enter your choice when prompted to deactivate and delete logs, and restart services.
Alternately, you can collect logs with the default options (deactivate logs, restart services, delete log files). For this, run the following command:
sudo /opt/BitDefender/bin/bdconfigure deliverall -default
You can also disable logs manually, by running this command:
sudo /opt/BitDefender/bin/bdconfigure disablelogs
Getting help with Support Tool
If you need help with the Support Tool, run:
sudo /opt/BitDefender/bin/bdconfigure --help
For different types of issues when the security agent is installed on the affected computer you can use the remote troubleshooting method as follows
With this method, you can gather logs remotely using GravityZone Control Center from one or more of the affected computers. You can also select from multiple storage options to save the logs.
- Log in to GravityZone Control Center.
- Go to the Network page and click the Computers and Groups section.
- Click on the affected computer and go to the Troubleshooting tab.
- Click the Gather logs button from the upper left side. A configuration window will appear.
- In the Logs Storage section, choose a storage location:
- Target machine: the logs archive is saved to the provided local path.
- Network share: the logs archive is saved to the provided path from the shared location.
- Bitdefender Cloud: the logs archive is saved to a Bitdefender Cloud storage location where the Enterprise Support team can access the files. This option is available only for Cloud solutions.
- Fill in with the necessary information (local path, credentials for the network share, path to the shared location, case ID) depending on the selected location.
- Click the Gather logs button.
If you choose other storage option, to submit the logs to Bitdefender Enterprise Support, access the selected storage location and find the archive file named ST_[computername]_[currentdate]. Attach the archive to your support ticket for further troubleshooting.
To collect advanced logs using GravityZone Control Center consider Debug session, available in the Troubleshooting section. You should use this method at the recommendation of Bitdefender Enterprise Support. For more information, please refer to Administrator's Guide.