Migration and upgrade path from Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools for Windows version 6.2.x
After the release of Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools version 18.104.22.1684, Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools is now available in two versions supporting different operating system versions:
- Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools for Windows 6 – BEST 6.6.x, supports Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 and later, including all existing GravityZone features and technologies. This version no longer installs on legacy operating system versions.
- Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools for Windows 6 – BEST 6.4.x for Windows Legacy, designed for Windows XP and Windows Vista families, including corresponding embedded and server versions, with limited features and support. This version does not install on Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 and later.
New features and hotfixes
- BEST 22.214.171.1244 introduced a new version of Advanced Threat Control for Windows 7 and later, initially available with new installations and existing installations on Fast Ring. With the release of the Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools v6.6, all remaining desktop installations are automatically migrated to the latest version of Advanced Threat Control.
- BEST 6.4.x for Windows Legacy provides support for TLS 1.2+ secure communications with GravityZone communication servers and Relays.
- Improved mechanism for detecting potential Process Doppelgänging attacks.
- Includes several security updates.
Issues with 6.2.x builds and upgrade path
Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools versions before 6.6 will no longer receive feature updates or support for upcoming versions of Windows.
Due to several architectural changes, some product features - including core security functionality - will cease to function as of September 17th 2018, and we strongly advise that you update in due time. As a best practice across the industry, Bitdefender highly recommends that customers always update to the latest version available.