Troubleshooting Bitdefender Endpoint Security error message 1011 during an update
This article applies to Bitdefender Endpoint Security on Windows, Linux and Mac.
Error 1011 stands for I/O timeout and it is received when the endpoint fails to reach the designated update server as it times out.
- The update server is offline
- The update server port is closed on 7074
- The endpoint does not have access to the update server network location
As this is a connectivity issue, you need to run a number of checks to see exactly where the problem is:
- Verify that the update server is up and running by doing the following:
- If the update server is a relay, check that epupdateserver.exe is running. If not, you can start it manually from Services.
- If the update server is located on the GravityZone appliance or Linux Relay, you can try to restart the update server service with the following command:
sudo service arrakis restart
- From the endpoint, verify that you can ping the update server:
Ping IP_updateserver 7074
- Verify that port 7074 is reachable from the endpoint by sending a telnet command:
telnet IP_updateserver 7074
- Open the 7074 port, if closed on the update server.
To speed up troubleshooting, please also provide support tool logs from the affected workstation and associated relay/appliance. Read also this KB to learn how to use the GravityZone LogCollector for troubleshooting.