Websites not blocked by Content Control
In this article, you will learn how to troubleshoot websites that are not blocked by Content Control. When you install the Content Control module on an endpoint, BEST adds a Bitdefender certificate to Windows. This certificate is used for web traffic monitoring and web access control. Before you start troubleshooting, check the following guidelines:
- Verify if Content Control is installed. For Web Access Control, refer to this KB article.
- Check if BEST is up to date. For more information, refer to this KB article.
- Verify if the Bitdefender Personal CA.Net-Defender certificate is available in Certificate Manager. If you are a Firefox user, you can check for a Bitdefender entry in the certificate list in Options> Privacy & Security> Certificates.
- Notice if you can reproduce the issue in a different browser, or on other endpoints. If you are a Chrome user, refer to this KB.
If the issue still occurs, follow these steps to reinstall a Content Control component on an affected endpoint:
- Check if the following certificate is available in Windows Certificate Manager: Bitdefender Personal CA.Endpoint0000
- If found, delete it. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Boot in safe mode.
- Delete all files from the following path:
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Endpoint Security\mitm_cache
- Boot in normal mode.
- Run the following command as Administrator:
C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Endpoint Security\mitm_install_tool_DCI.exe /install_silent Net-Defender