What to do when Bitdefender detects legitimate applications
Bitdefender strives to reduce false-positive reports to a minimum. However, these reports are commonly due to bad programming practices (e.g. applications that change the Master Boot Record, add run registry entries, change system files without the user’s confirmation or execute custom macros in office applications, etc.).
When an appplication is wrongfully detected, try adding exclusions as explained in this article.
Should the exclusions fail, you need to send us the detected file(s) as described below:
NOTE: These files are used only for malware analysis and are treated accordingly.
- Disable Bitdefender's real-time protection and/or any other security software you are using.
- Locate the file(s) on your drive.
- Add the detected file(s) to a ZIP file using file compression software of your choice (WinZip, WinRAR, etc.)
- Password-protect the ZIP file with the password infected.
- Complete the Enterprise Support Online Form and provide us with the following:
- The ZIP file (upload via “Attach a file” field)
- The message body must contain the words FALSE POSITIVE.
- Click the Submit button.
- Enable the Bitdefender real-time protection and/or any other security software you might use.