During a gaming session, you can configure the Bitdefender Game Profile in order to enjoy an uninterrupted gaming experience. You can find more information in our friendly guide below.
What is the Game Profile in Bitdefender?
Bitdefender detects when you play, work or watch a movie, so it knows not to bother you with unnecessary requests. Depending on what you are doing, Bitdefender temporarily halts pop-ups, adjusts visual settings, and pauses unimportant background activities, so you can enjoy your device to the max. Enjoying an uninterrupted gaming experience is all about reducing system load and diminishing slowdowns. While running in Game Profile, Bitdefender uses behavioral heuristics along with a list of known games to automatically detect running games and optimize your system resources so that you can enjoy your gaming break.
According to your activity, the following product settings are applied when the Game Profile is activated:
- All Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled
- Automatic Update is postponed
- Scheduled scans are postponed
- Search Advisor is disabled
- Special offers notifications are disabled
How do I configure the Game Profile?
You can configure the actions taken by Bitdefender while in Game Profile, by following the instructions presented below:
- Click the Utilities icon on the left sidebar of the Bitdefender interface.
- In the Profiles pane, click Settings.
- Click the CONFIGURE button from the Game Profile area.
- Choose the system adjustments you would like to be applied by checking one or more of the options displayed in the new window.
How do I add a game to the Games list?
If Bitdefender does not automatically enter Game Profile when you launch a certain game or app, you can manually add the application to the Games list:
- Click on the Games list button.
- Click Add.
- In the new window, browse to the application’s executable file and select it.
- Click OK to add it to the list.
- Click Save to close the window.